Tuesday, January 25, 2011

super bowl slider


via she knows
We are having friends over for the Super Bowl. This year I decided to do a pot luck and I think one of my contributions will be meat balls. This is my favorite tried and true meat ball recipe, I kind of like the idea I saw on She Knows, of substituting ground turkey for a healthier version.

Sweet and Sour Meatballs
1 1/2 lbs. hamburger
1/2 cup of milk
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Mix meatball ingredients together and form into golf ball sized meatballs. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Mix sauce ingredients together in a pan. Heat and pour over meatballs about half way through the cooking time. Serve over potatoes or rice.

Sauce (I usually double this):
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
2 tsp/ Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp prepared mustard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails