Thursday, January 27, 2011

lions at the gate

Many of the older homes in the area I grew up in have lion statues that flank the entry ways to their porch. I love the idea of lions outside the home, they add such an interesting element to the exterior. Here are some pictures from around the web of lion statues.



The houses in my neighborhood would always decorate their lions for the holidays. Wreaths in December and pumpkins under the raised paws in October.








While we are on the topic of statues, here is one of my parents neighbors newest. It kind of creeps me out...

P.S. Travel Tuesday is coming back next week with a vengeance, be very excited!
via jwinfred, photo-steve, becky e, authalic, irwin-scott, biltmore, bakati

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails