Friday, January 7, 2011

shipping container homes


I think that these shipping container living spaces are so inspiring. I just read an article on how different architects are trying to incorporate them into their designs. Apparently they are super cheap and durable.


I kind of like the idea of a shipping container cabin. It's simplicity is alluring.

Now this is a brilliant concept. This building is for student dorms.

I remember reading an article this past summer about how New York used dumpsters (they looked similar to shopping containers) and made pools around the city with them. I think that was pretty brilliant too.
via yahoo green

1 comment:

  1. I really like the smaller container homes. With a 20 ft container, you can make a very functional living space.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails