Friday, May 15, 2009

feature friday: harold and jane

Feature Friday is back and with a very lovely shop. Harold and Jane is one of my new favorite Etsy shops. The jewelry in this shop is so striking and colorful.


What do you sell, how did you get started?
I sell handmade jewelry, most of which contains bits and pieces of vintage jewelry. I have been beading with my mom since I was in high school. When I discovered Etsy, it felt like a perfect opportunity to create to my hearts content and not have to worry “What am I going to do with all of this jewelry?”

How did you come up with your shop name?
Harold and Jane are my parent’s middle names. Since they have been so influential in my life, both everyday and artistically, it seemed fitting to honor them in this way.

What is your favorite thing/piece you have made?
Strawberry Fields Forever


What would you say are the five must see places in your city/area?
1. Gasworks Park
2. Pike Place Market
3. Greenlake
4. Discovery Park
5. Cupcake Royal in Ballard for delicious coffee and even more delicious cupcakes.

One thing you must have with you at all times?
Burt’s Bees chapstick

What is your favorite accessory to wear?
My one-of-a-kind Moonstone ring made by Christine Mighion. Check out her Etsy site, Bloom Studios, she makes gorgeous jewelry.

Favorite flower?
Ranunculus

One place you dream of visiting?
The Australian coast.

If you had $200 to spend where would it go?
It would go toward a Lolita dress by RubyPearl.

One person who inspires you?
My husband Elias.

A favorite blog/website to look at?
Orangette
In addition to beading, I love to cook! My sister introduced me to this blog and we have discovered you can never go wrong with one of Molly Wizenberg’s recipes.

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails