Saturday, May 24, 2008

Feature Friday... a day late









What do you make?
-I make hand-cut and finished silver jewelry, based on my own sketches.



What is your favorite thing/piece you have made?
-My personal favorite is called "The Dancer". It features my favorite sketching subject... dancers!




What are your favorite materials to use?
-Definitely silver sheet right now. I'm also learning more about silver wire... like making chains from scratch... it's so much fun!



What is your favorite color?
-That's ever-changing but right now it's kind of a watermelon pink.



One thing you must have with you at all times?
-Burt's Bees shimmer chapstick!



What is your favorite accessory?
-My cool black sunglasses.



Favorite flower?
-Gardenias.



One place you dream of visiting?
-I would love to visit Greece... you know... the beautiful seas and islands... with a little ancient architecture thrown in!



If you had $200 to spend where would it go?
-I'd want to get a beagle! I want a dog so badly!



What inspires you?
-Dancers, fashion illustration, history. Sometimes a material will inspire me but sometimes just starting to sketch will get the wheels turning! I may get 10 ideas out of 100 sketches but it's worth it.



If you could talk to any artist, living or dead, who would it be?
-Coco Chanel. She was so chic and maybe a little eccentric(crazy)... very cool!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails