Wednesday, June 24, 2009

grilled black bean quesadillas


I found this recipe on more than burnt toast today. I think I am going to try it tonight using what I have, substituting for what I don't and maybe adding some grilled chicken into the mix.

grilled black bean quesadillas
4 whole wheat flour tortillas
1/4 cup black beans, cooked and lightly mashed ( I most often use canned to simplify the process)
8 red and yellow pepper strips, grilled
2 tablespoons roasted corn ( for a quick solution use frozen corn)
2 tablespoons tomato, chopped
2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup (8 ounces) fat-free mozzarella cheese, grated
1/4 cup goat cheese feta (optional) ( I use cojita when available)
Pinch of cumin
Pinch of chili pepper
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Salsa
******************
Preheat grill to a medium setting. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.

Thinly spread 1/4 cup of mixture on top of tortilla, fold in half. Lightly spray the top and bottom tortilla with cooking spray. Place quesadilla on grill and allow one side to brown 4 to 5 minutes. Flip quesadilla and brown the other side for a few minutes. When cheese is melted through, remove quesadilla and allow to cool slightly and cut into wedges. Serve with your favorite salsa, sour cream and guacamole.

Makes 2 quesadilla's.

photo via flickr

1 comment:

  1. No joke, I have been thinking about quesadilla's all day long. I will be having a greasier version of this for dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails