Tuesday, May 17, 2011

white brick

I have been doing some more research on painted white fireplaces for Angela. Since her fireplace is positioned between two windows there isn't a lot of room to add a mantle on the sides.
One thing I have noticed about the best looking painted white fireplaces is the they keep a contrasting tone or color in the floor tile or interior brick.
The second observation surprised me, they all have a simple mantle. I thought you would want a large elaborate mantle to contrast the white but almost every one I have found has a simple mantle.
Notice the red interior brick?
The third thing I noticed is they all have a white wall behind them. I don't know if it is necessary or not but it is definitely a trend found in all of these pictures at least!

I hope this helps Angela!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! These lovely pictures definitely make me feel better about painting the mantel white and not having something really elaborate. I can't wait to get started!

    P.S. stil loving the earrings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails