Thursday, January 29, 2009

valentine decor

I was reading an interview with Jordan Ferney of Oh Happy Day on Stephmodo today and this question got me to thinking "
5. What are some simple ways that non-event planners can do to dress up a living space or table for a party? Two things that can transform a space fast 1. Make everything monochromatic or else do small variation on color (everything different versions of green.) and 2. Hang things from the ceiling:lanterns streamers, banners, balloons.

So I thought well what if you had a Valentines Day Dinner using the monochromatic theory? Here is what I came up with...


Pink lanterns to hang...


Pink Depression Glass can be found on Ebay or thrift stores, and it is cheap and pink! And now that I think of it I think my Grandma has some, to bad she live many, many states away.



Williams Sonoma has some nice pink table linens that I liked.

Pink flowers (poppies pictured) and lots of candles, white or pink.
I feel quite confident in saying that at this point my husband is thinking, "oh boy." He loves pink that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails