Sunday, August 24, 2008

Toronto

Here are some pictures from my weekend jaunt to Toronto.



The is Casa Loma, the Canadian Castle. It was built by a rich Canadian in the early 1900's. He went bankrupt after one of the World Wars so most of the furnishings are not original to the home. It is still worth the trip to see the castle, garden and the details you find in the house.




One of the things I loved about Toronto was that you would find a beautiful Victorian building sandwiched between more modern buildings.







In my opinion the Distillery District is a must see. It was so much fun to look around. They took these buildings (I think they were factories) and turned them into upscale boutiques. I loved it.


I am so glad that we got to visit, the city has so much character and was so much fun to tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails