Wednesday, June 29, 2011

americanized thai tacos

I love peanut sauce, I have no idea if authentic Thai food uses it or not but I love it. I want to try Thai tacos but I haven't found a recipe that is quite what I am looking for so here is what I think will fulfill my needs. It is somewhat inspired by California Pizza Kitchens Thai pizza.

photos via Apron Strings and Wedding Rings and Closet Kitchen

My plan is to use the following:

Chicken cooked in oil, seasoned with garlic salt.
Shredded Carrots
Bean Sprouts
Green Onions
Cilantro

Thai Peanut Sauce:
1 garlic clove, peeled

1 (1 inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled

½ Cup smooth peanut butter
¼ Cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 Cup hot water

Place garlic and ginger in food processor until well chopped. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Pulse until well combined and slowly add hot water until sauce is the consistency you like.

Any suggestions on how to make Thai tacos?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails