Friday, August 27, 2010

vacation meal

In not to long I will be heading to the Outer Banks of North Carolina for a family vacation. In my family each of the children and their families take a night to cook a meal for everyone. I have been trying to decide what to cook for my night. I am very tempted to make my favorite Greek Chicken Burgers. My sister is campaigning for Carne Asada's for the sole purpose that it goes with my signature corn salsa and guacamole. I think I will test out this everyday chocolate cake this week and maybe use it for the dessert portion.

I am tempted to give in to my sister's request since she is 7 months pregnant, and we all love Mexican food so it could be a win-win-win situation.

And since I have never shared the corn salsa recipe, which I was very tempted to keep secret. Here it is. I combined my favorite parts of two different recipes and ended up with (in my opinion) a far superior hybrid. It is delicious.

Corn Salsa
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 16 oz. bag of frozen corn
1 1/2-2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
1/2 cup red onion diced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 lb. feta
1 clove garlic minced
1 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
salt and pepper to taste
drizzle with olive oil and lime juice
I usually put the corn on a cookie sheet and put olive oil over it and broil it till it starts to barely brown. This is a very forgiving recipe I never measure out anything except the cumin and chili powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails