Wednesday, June 9, 2010

flooring


We are pulling up the laminate and carpet in our kitchen and dining area this weekend and putting in Pergo. We decided to go with Pergo because it is a higher quality laminate and it is easy to install (theoretically) and it is about half the price of real wood. I would prefer real wood but it doesn't fit our current budget.

I had my friends over to look at my 15+ flooring samples and we finally came to the consensus that a warmer wood color because it matches my cabinets better. This isn't a color that I would initially be drawn to but I think (hope) it will look good with the cabinets and walls. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

  1. When we designed my grand parents kitchen over a year ago we were instructed by several designers that matching the wood in your cabinets and flooring (especially if they will not be stained w/ the same stain) is not necessary. However if you prefer to match as close as you can...than go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, I probably should have said looks better with my cabinets because it certainly doesn't match! Our cabinets are a light oak so this flooring will be a nice dark contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pergo- really, I do. It's improved so much in the last few years so it's a great quality and feels comfy on my feet. And I love all the options available!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We provide the finest hardwood flooring and quality installation at a fair price call Yanons today 970-275-8807.

    http://www.yanonshardwoodflooring.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails