Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner

Tonight I made chicken salad and put it in pitas. It was delicious. I really can't claim much of the credit though, I just combined parts of a food network recipe with parts of my friend Lindsey's recipe.




4 cups diced chicken (I used canned chicken because that is what Lindsey uses, it is good for this)
1 stalk celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice
4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced (I used chives instead)
Handful or two of red grapes, quartered
1/4 cup slivered almonds, browned
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons strained freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Pocket Pitas for serving

In a mixing bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, scallions and herbs. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Add to the chicken and mix gently until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your post Cara. I am getting eaten alive on my blog. It's nice to see that one person doesn't think I'm crazy. I love the Owens BTW. Tell Jackson hi. Also your recipe looks really good. I just made some chicken salad that is really similar. Try it with carmelized onions, it is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails