Wednesday, November 23, 2011

a disease

I love a good wedding, especially when they feature semi-famous people. Case in point, Will and Kate. I followed their wedding plans from the time they announced the engagement. Although Lauren Bush and her Ralph Lauren heir husband, are by no means Will and Kate (I don't even know his name or anything about him except that he is Ralph Lauren's son), they are semi-famous so I took an interest.
Lauren Bush is the granddaughter of the older President Bush and thus the niece of the other President Bush. So she is semi-famous for being a socialite and connected to the ever prominent Bush family and her husband is obviously the son of Ralph Lauren. An interesting tidbit, she is hyphenating her last names Bush-Lauren to avoid being Lauren Lauren.
They had a Western theme for their wedding. The wedding was held at Ralph Lauren's ranch in Colorado. Her gorgeous dress was naturally designed by Ralph himself. While they haven't released any actual pictures of the wedding they did a couple of recreations for Vogue. Since they are only semi-famous (and really not even that) this is probably as good as it will get.

photos via Vogue.com

2 comments:

  1. I love it! You are hilarious. I thought this looked like a fun wedding. So old fashioned and interesting and I didn't even think about the Lauren Lauren thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren Lauren. That's why just before Cameryn was born we changed the spelling from Cameron to Cameryn...just in case someday she met, fell in love with and married a Cameron. Yeah, I think about those things...sue me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails