Thursday, July 21, 2011

ms. austen


image via google images
Last week Sotheby's auctioned off an unfinished Jane Austen manuscript for over a million dollars. I know there have been a couple of unfinished manuscripts found and at least one, Sanditon, has been completed by another author. I wonder if the purchaser plans on having someone complete the work. I hope not, I read Sanditon, but it just wasn't the same. What are your thoughts on current authors finishing a partial Jane Austen manuscript?

2 comments:

  1. I just read Austenland by Shannon Hale. A quick read, not literature by any means, but it is every girl who loves Mr. Darcy's dream...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of books finished by other authors. Scarlette to Gone with The Wind is one. However...I do really like like Hooray for Diffendoofer day...but not s a Dr. Suess book, just as a great book about teaching kids the importance of learning to THINK!.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails