Tuesday, April 5, 2011

tour de brownie: best coca brownies

First stop: Best Cocoa Brownies from Smitten Kitchen

I thought I took a picture of the final product but I must not have saved it. Regardless observe the poor man's double boiler.

These brownies were terrific. The first bite made me a little skeptical and the batter was not as sweet as boxed brownies but they grew on me fast. Comments from my taster friends were that they had the perfect chewy texture that most homemade brownies lack. While everyone liked them they didn't beat out Ghiradelli boxed brownies because they have more of a dark chocolate taste from the cocoa.

I give them four stars.


Added stops to the tour:
Sundae Brownies by Lizzy Writes
Pillsbury Almond Fudge Brownie by Captive Creativity
Fudgy, Chewy, Cakey Brownies by My Baking Addiction

1 comment:

  1. I went on a tour de brownies a bit ago and boxed brownies kept winning because the homemade versions were all dark chocolate. I would guess that most palates are not calibrated to prefer dark chocolate...I know mine isn't, but I'm trying to teach it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails