Thursday, May 6, 2010

the natural pool

I love to swim, particularly in fresh water. There is nothing better than swimming in the ocean or a lake or a river. I have often told my husband that if we ever get a pool I want a saltwater pool. I know they use chlorine but they don't leave you feeling like a big chlorine blob.

I found this article today on Natural Pools. Apparently this is all the rage in Europe these days.

Quite frankly, I think it is an awesome concept. You use no chlorine, all natural water. They way the water is kept clean is through water movement and using water plants to naturally clean out the bacteria. Many of the pools will have the designated swimming part and next to the plants that clean the water.

My husband always laughs at me because when ever we pass a fresh body of water I always want to jump in and swim. I think natural pools and I would get along quite well.





photos via the daily green
I think it is an awesome idea, you get all the fun of a pool with all the benefits of fresh water swimming. Be still my heart.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Goes perfectly with the custom, fits-with-nature house I am constantly dreaming about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome idea! I would love to have a pool like that! Not only is it better for us to swim in, but look how gorgeous they look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great! my favorite is the second to last photo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails