Thursday, May 27, 2010

childs room/guest room

Gwen is working on her girls/guest room:
I want to decorate my girls room in French Toile. The top 1/2 of the wall will be vertical light pink stripes, the bottom 1/2 will be a black toile on antique white. I'm getting stumped with the bed.

the problem is that since our house is OH SO SMALL this room will double as the guest room which means...a twin won't due. I need a queen size bed.

I've looked and looked and can't find anything in the daybed variety that works for a queen bed. Right now I think I'm going to just start looking for headboards I like and then buying two. I don't want the headboard to be taller than the footboard.

via Sears
If you choose to go with the two headboards this wrought iron is a nice option and it will look nice in any room. (sorry the formatting on this picture is weird)

A trundle isn't the most exciting option but they can look really nice and serve the purpose of saving space and having multiple beds readily available. You can also find some that are built for a full size bed rather than a twin.
A four poster bed might be another fun option. This way you can get a queen size and not have to worry about setting up two head boards. Plus, it might be a fun accent to the toile.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Cara. When it's all done...I'll send pictures...don't hold your breath...it's gonna be a while.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails