Tuesday, September 22, 2009

travel tuesday: lexington, ky


This weekend I am heading to Lexington Kentucky to visit a friend of mine. I can't wait. She a website, Visitlex.com, that has tons of information on things to do there, here are some highlights.

Horse farms. I can't remember the name of the one we might visit but Keeneland sounds like a fun farm/track.. You can go see the horses work out in the mornings.
The Shaker Village. An entire restored village, living museum with shops. Could you ask for more?

Hunt-Morgan House- built in 1814 it was the home of an early millionaire and later the leader of the confederate "Morgan's Raider's". It sounds like a well preserved house.

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky! I wish I could go to Lexington, KY. I would love to visit all of the fun things they have to offer, especially the horses! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails