Friday, September 11, 2009

reading booth


I am doing a booth next Friday on good books to read. I have to make a display poster for my booth so I have been looking at some quotes. Here are some of my favorites.

“To read is to fly: it is to soar to a point of vantage which gives a view over wide terrains of history, human variety, ideas, shared experience and the fruits of many inquiries.”

- A C Grayling,

“The ability to read awoke inside me some long dormant craving to be mentally alive.”

- Autobiography of Malcolm X, 1964

“The reading of all good books is like conversation with the finest men of the past centuries.”

- Descartes

“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.”

- Francis Bacon

“It is well to read everything of something, and something of everything.”

- Lord Henry P. Brougham

Any favorites?

Photo via flickr

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A house without books is like a room without windows” Horace Mann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails