Tuesday, July 28, 2009

travel tuesday: redwood national forest


The Redwood Forest (I have This Land is your Land running through my head now) is in Northern California and is home to some of the largest trees in the world. Or at least one of the largest breeds of trees.

The National Park not only includes the trees but miles of protected coastline and grasslands.

During the Gold Rush and the building up of San Fransisco logging was overtaking the redwoods. In the 1920's a movement began to protect the forest.

Just to give you an idea of how large these trees are. From what I could see there are many "drive through" trees.

1 comment:

  1. That is amazing! I want to go there terribly now. Oh, just to let you know, there's a giveaway for a signed, limited edition print of my newest illustration on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails