Monday, June 14, 2010

floor update

For some reason blogger isn't allowing me to upload pictures. We started installing the new floor this weekend, we are almost done! We learned several things along the way:

1-I had no clue the vast variety of saws that are necessary for this kind of project. Needless to say we are now proud owners of more saws then I knew exist.

2-The Pergo was easy to install but the measuring of the room angles held us up considerably.

3- My neighbors like to make all sorts of unreasonable sounds at unreasonable hours but are not so keen on hearing unreasonable hammering at reasonable hours.

4-Refrigerator's have wheels.

5- In most cases, you really don't want to know what kind of surprises lie under your carpet. Ours weren't even half as bad as the ones my brother found several years ago.

My Dad flew in to help with the installation and to lend his expansive do-it-yourself expertise, now my husband and I are going to try and finish up the job with our "new found knowledge." Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails