Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Memorial Day BBQ a la Food Network and Grandma

Now I have not ever tried any of these recipes with the exception of the last one, which is amazing especially if you love rhubarb like I do. They all come from Food Network and look delicious, again with the exception of the last recipe which comes from my family cookbook. I can't wait to try these on Monday. Bon Appetit!
To start:
Garlic-Mustard Grilled Beef Skewers
Entree:
Basil Grilled Chicken
Salad:
It's a Wonderful Waldorf (personally I would leave out the raisins, but that's just because I hate raisins)
To drink:
Blackberry Lemonade- I definitely plan on trying this recipe come Monday, is sounds amazing.
To Finish:
Grandma's Rhubarb Pie- now I think this is a Memorial Day MUST! It is a rare Memorial Day that I don't have this pie, it is my favorite, especially when my Grandma makes it.

Grandma's Rhubarb Pie

2 cups Rhubarb cut up
1 egg
1 cup of sugar
4 tablespoons flour
lemon juice

Mix egg, sugar and flour together. Add rhubarb. Put in pie shell, sprinkle with a little lemon juice, add top crust. Bake until golden brown and rhubarb bubbles. *Note- there is no temperature or time given in the recipe so if you are experimental, like me, try 350 for 30-45 minutes. If you like more exact directions try this Strawberry Rhubarb Pie recipe from Food Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails